T E C Industrial Maintenance & Construction—formerly known as Tennessee Electric Company—was founded in 1947 as a three man, locally owned residential and commercial electrical company serving the area of Kingsport, TN.
In 1957, the company was purchased and in 1961 incorporated Tennessee Electric Company in the state of Tennessee.
During the early days, T E C Industrial experienced growth and eventually grew into a large operation with numerous projects in Northeast Tennessee, the coalfields of Southwest Virginia and Southeastern Kentucky.
In 1995, T E C Industrial received its first Eastman Chemical Supplier Excellence Award and has been chosen for this award numerous times.
The late 1990’s marked the movement from a general electrical contractor to a highly specialized/industrial contractor focusing on complex systems and plants.
In 1998 the company received the Tennessee Quality Commitment Award and continues to achieve recognition for its quality work.
2008 saw the company’s expansion into the highly specialized wind energy sector. Using the skill sets of our high & medium voltage specialists, T E C Industrial launched a Wind Energy division that is now experienced in Wind Turbine installations in Texas and several states in the Midwest.
2010 marked the entry into process piping and mechanical construction and maintenance services. It also marked the renaming of the company to T E C Industrial Maintenance & Construction to better represent our full–service mechanical and electrical services as well as multi-state locations.
2011 saw the further expansion and growth of the company with the addition of pipe fabrication facilities and process piping projects in the region. The company began delivering projects through the design build method where we operate as a single source manager and self-perform construction in the mechanical and electrical fields. That same year, we also saw the expansion of our data and communications services.
2014 marked the opening of our Greenville, SC operations center to enable the company to further support customers in the southeast area.
2015 saw the transitioning to a new corporate headquarters and “state of the art” fabrication services facility sitting on nearly 20,000 square feet of real estate in Kingsport, TN.